Laser hair removal
Laser hair removal is a procedure that uses a laser, or a concentrated beam of light, to get rid of hair in different areas of the body.
Benefits of laser hair removal
- Precision – lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged
- Speed – each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
- Predictability – most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of six to eight sessions
- Eliminate course hair
- Slow hair growth
- Remove unwanted hair
- Reduce hair thickness
- No more shaving rash
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the side effects of laser treatment?
Minimal side effects post laser treatments are mild edema around the hair follicles. Sometimes slight redness of the skin
- Can I have a shower or use a hot tub after laser hair removal?
Yes, you can safely shower before and after procedure. However it would be beneficial to keep the temperature mild and avoid taking a bath for 24-48 hours post-treatment
- Why does hair fall out after a laser treatment?
It is targeting the melanin in the hair follicle during the active growth cycle. Once treated, the hair follicles will fall out and shouldn’t regrow again in the future.
- Can I get laser hair removal while on my period?
Yes, you can. But you may find that some areas are more sensitive.
- Why do you have to shave before a laser hair treatment?
The hair on the skin surface doesn’t absorb the energy. The energy from the laser has a direct target to the hair follicle.
- What should I avoid after a laser treatment?
Fragrances, active ingredients, skin care products, hot tubs/showers, tanning, sun exposure, scrub/exfoliating of the effected areas.
- How long after the laser hair treatment does hair fall out?
Hair begin to fall out after 5-14 days and may continue to do so for week after a treatment.
- Is 3 laser hair removal sessions of the same area enough to achieve permanent results?
No, most people required 6 to 8 treatments depending on the hair density and coarseness in the target area. The treatment efficiency may vary from person to person.
- What happen if you don’t shave before the laser treatment?
The treatment will not be effective, as the energy will stay on the top layer of your skin. Also, the laser could cause the sensitivity to the skin.